A Delicious Spring Recipe for Any Meal of the Day
Happy Spring #ShineSociety! We wanted to share a delicious meal with you using in-season spring ingredients so you can celebrate the beginning of the sunny season with us. We love this recipe because you can make it for breakfast, brunch, lunch OR dinner! It’s incredibly light, super healthy and packed with flavor. Hillary makes it all the time and its one of her husbands’ favorite meals! Even without the hearty proteins, the eggs and spinach really fill you up and leave you feeling satisfied and fresh.
Throw on your apron and get to cookin’!
Fluffy Spinach Baked Eggs
1 bag of Spinach
2 oz. feta cheese
Zest of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon of chives, diced
1 tablespoon olive oil
Pinch of salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking dish with olive oil spray (or brush with oil) and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, lightly whisk the eggs. Put in half the feta and mix in to the eggs. Then crumble in the rest of the feta, add the chives and fold in (the feta should remain chunky). Mix in a pinch of salt and pepper.
3. In a large pan, sauté the garlic and lemon zest in the olive oil for a minute or two. Add in the spinach, and then the squeeze the lemon juice into the pan. Sauté for 3-4 minutes until soft.
4. Remove the greens from the stove and add to the egg mixture. Stir until combined and pour into your baking dish, making sure the ingredients are evenly spread.
5. Bake for 20-30 minutes until the eggs are set. (While the eggs are baking, prepare your salad, recipe below.) Remove and let cool for a few minutes.
Arugula Salad with Grapes, Avocado and Pecans
1 bag Arugula
2 bunches of Grapes
1 handful of pecans
*Add in a little feta if you’d like!
Salt and Pepper
Your dressing of choice
1. While the eggs are baking, toss arugula into a large bowl.
2. Chop grapes in half and avocado into bite size pieces.
3. Throw in grapes, avocado, and pecans into the arugula (and a little feta if you’d like!).
4. Drizzle olive oil and a small splash of balsamic over the salad. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and squeeze a little extra lemon over the top.
5. Toss and enjoy!
We hope you enjoyed this simple and tasty spring recipe! See you in class soon, and ...